ISSN 2415-1297 (Online)   ISSN 2415-1300 (Print)
 
             
 
Volume : 27 Issue : 1 Year : 2019
 
Renal and Bone Profiles in Saudi Individuals with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus [Med J Islamic World Acad Sci]
Med J Islamic World Acad Sci. 1990; 3(3): 198-203

Renal and Bone Profiles in Saudi Individuals with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus

Arjumand S. Warsy1, Halima Medani2, Mohsen A. F. El-Hazmi2, Mohamed M. Madkour2, H. A. Aman2, Robby Bacchus2, Nedret Kl2
1From Department of Biochemistry, King Saud University, Riyadh Armed Forced Hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
2From Department of Medical Biochemistry, King Saud University, Riyadh Armed Forced Hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

The renal and bone profiles were investigated in Saudi systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) patients and the results were compared with normal age and sex matched controls. The results showed that one or more renal profile abnormalities were present in 48.5% of the patients though the severity of renal involvement differed from one patient to another. The rest of the patients (i.e. 51.5%) had no renal involvement. One or more bone profile abnormalities were encountered in 33.3% of the SLE patients, majority of these patients had only a single abnormal test (24.2%). This case-control study shows the very heterogeneous presentation of SLE patient, in biochemical analyses, even among the individuals of same ethnic origin.

Keywords: Systemic lupus erythematosus, IgA, IgG, IgM.


Arjumand S. Warsy, Halima Medani, Mohsen A. F. El-Hazmi, Mohamed M. Madkour, H. A. Aman, Robby Bacchus, Nedret Kl. Renal and Bone Profiles in Saudi Individuals with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Med J Islamic World Acad Sci. 1990; 3(3): 198-203

Corresponding Author: Arjumand S. Warsy, Saudi Arabia


TOOLS
Full Text PDF
Print
Download citation
RIS
EndNote
BibTex
Medlars
Procite
Reference Manager
Share with email
Share
Send email to author

Similar articles
PubMed
Google Scholar




 











 
Copyright 2019 medicaljournal-ias.org. All Rights Reserved.